Wednesday 31 December 2014

2014? Get the Hell out of my House

2014, you were shit.

You were, in a minor cosmetic way, better than 2013 when I spent several months face down in a bucket of zinc, expecting to explode and die without ever having the chance to use the epipen, but really, 2014? You were worse, far far worse than 2013.

2013 only brought me a worry about instant death, but 2014? You bought the prospect of a slow, slow lingering life, not by having my heart simply ripped from me (that happened in 2003), but by stapling my eyelids open to watch the pieces of heart be jumped up and down upon, then kicked about this planet, like so much broken stuff that the prospect of mending it all seemed as far as jumping to the moon.

But 2015, you are going to be good to me, are you not? You are going to be lovely and kind and healing and generous and gentle. You are going to be straight down the line, honest and true. You are going to be funny, witty, and wise. You are going to make me laugh with such big rolling bellylaugh laughter that I am glad to be alive and glad that it is 2015, the year when everything just said safe.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Grit!!! Happy New Year, and I hope 2015 is a great one for you!

Grit said...

Ha! 2015 was crap. As was 2016. Then mid-2017, when all the fun was over, Dig got sick good and proper. 2018 was misery.

The thing about a wife is that she mops up sick, changes sheets at 2am, sleeps on the floor in the emergency department and generally shows old-fashioned concepts like Love and Loyalty throughout.

2019 is going to be bright.